Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day one on WW

I did well today - I really like the Core plan, as opposed to counting points. The foods are all healthy, and lots of what I eat already - when I'm not eating crap. I had oatmeal with protein powder for breakfast, leftover Christmas roast and sugar snap peas for lunch, some soup before I went to the gym, and more leftovers for dinner. I kept my portions in check, and I didn't eat any junk.

Core allows you to eat from a list of healthy foods, and use 35 points as a buffer for other non-core foods throughout the week. My protein powder alone was 2 points, but it's good for me and helps my breakfast stick with me longer. The pasta in my soup was 4 points. My dinner added 5 points, but I worked off 5 points at the gym, so that's a wash.

My biggest challenge is portion control - always has been. I love food and can eat with the best of them - but changing my habits is long overdue. It's time.

No comments: